Maintaining a healthy and balanced diet can be tricky and it's so easy for our eating habits to slide when we're feeling the pressure from a busy schedule.
That's exactly why we love to discover simple new ways to introduce an extra hit of healthy goodness into our day, which is why we can't stop eating the Human Bean Co faba beans from our Winter Box (no joke - we eat these ALL the time in the RY office..!).
You could say that faba beans are a food trend right now!
These delicious beans are jam-packed with plant protein and dietary fibre, which means they are the perfect savoury snack that will keep you full of energy.
The secret to Human Bean’s range is a patented, unique air puffing technique which means no roasting or deep frying, creating a low in fat, free of saturated fat snack that is crunchier, lighter, tastier and super healthy.
They are also vegan friendly, gluten free, nut free and dairy free, meaning it’s the ideal snack for people with allergies or intolerances.
Sounds perfect right? Well they are!
So here's our 3 favourite ways to eat these versatile beans.
1. As a crunchy addition to a salad
Jazz up this pear, spinach and parmesan salad by adding a hit of crunch with the Lime and Pepper faba beans.
For the dressing:
1. In a large salad bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper.
2. Next add the spinach and coat with the dressing.
3. Scatter the Lime and Pepper faba beans, parmesan shavings and pear slices on top of the rocket and enjoy!
2. As a crispy soup topper
Pumpkin soup is a delicious way to boost your immune system during winter and you can add a packet of the Lightly Salted faba beans for some extra crisp! This recipe is featured in our Winter Wellness Magazine by nutritionist Casey-Lee Lyons from Live, Love, Nourish.
1. Sauté the garlic, turmeric, cumin in olive oil over medium heat for 1 mins.
2. Add pumpkin, broth, salt and pepper. Bring to boil.
3. Cover and reduce to simmer for 15 mins (until pumpkin is tender).
4. Puree soup to a smooth texture using a blender or hand blender.
5. Mix in a packet of Lightly Salted Human Bean Co. faba beans.
6. Serve hot with fresh chilli and coriander.
3. Straight from the packet!
These beans are so versatile that you can add them to as many meals as your imagination will let you, but nothing beats eating them straight from the packet!
They're a great addition to any lunch box to lift the nutritional value and they also work as a pre-gym snack. No matter how, what flavour and where you like to eat your Human Bean Co. faba beans, you'll be ticking all the boxes with these healthy little beans.
To learn more about Human Bean Co. and all they're products head to their website: http://www.humanbeanco.com/#beantastic
"What the heck is agar agar, we hear you say. It's a
vegan gelatin, kanten, Japanese gelatin or China grass, agar agar is a jelly-like agent that comes from seaweed (specifically red algae)."
Special guest, The Broth Sisters, take us through just what the hell agar agar is and why you want it in your diet.