Special guest, Claire Charters of Botanical Trader takes us through different winter rituals to boost your immune system and maintain your health.
You would have also found Botanical Trader's Breathe Easy Mist in our Winter Box this year.
Winter has set in, and that means it is time to start implementing a few rituals to keep your immune system strong and allow your mind and body to adapt to the cool change.
Here are 5 simple ways to keep the body and mind happy and healthy over winter:
- Epsom Salt Bath: Epsom salt contains magnesium, an essential mineral that improves sleep, relaxes muscles, and helps keep the nervous system healthy. Draw yourself a bath with 2 cups of Epsom salts, and soak in it for at least 20 minutes.
- Drink Warm Golden Milk: A great way to warm up both the body and soul over colder months is to sip on a hot mug of golden milk. Use steamed almond, cashew, macadamia or coconut milk, and stir in turmeric, ginger, cardamom, and cayenne to taste. Add a little honey or maple syrup to taste. These herbs and spices all work at boosting the immune system while increasing circulation to help keep us warm.
- Breathe Easy With Eucalyptus: Eucalyptus is a decongestant and a natural remedy for relieving pain and inflammation of the respiratory tract, including coughs, asthma, bronchitis, sinus pain and inflammation, and respiratory infections. The best way to use it is to put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in your hot Epsom salt bath or give yourself a steam facial [pour hot water and a few drops of eucalyptus in a bowl, place a towel over your head and slowly breath in the steam]. Also, have on hand an aromatherapy decongestant - try Botanical Trader's Breathe Easy.
- Get In Sync With The Season: Give the body what it naturally craves by eating foods of the season. Things like kale, broccoli, zucchini, eggplant, pumpkin, sweet potato, oranges, kiwi fruits, mandarins, and lemons can be great, nutrient-dense additions to your winter menu and will help boost the immune system to fight off those nasty winter flus and colds.
- Reduce your stress. Like the foods we eat and the toxins we consume, stress causes inflammation and disease in the body. This winter, boost your immune system and instill some inner-tranquillity by prioritising methods for managing anxiety and stress. Incorporate mind-body healing into your daily routine with mindful breathing, guided meditations, long walks, yoga, and quiet time.
As the temperature outside keeps falling, try out a few of these simple winter rituals to avoid the winter blues and keep you inspired, motivated, and healthy.
You can check out Botanical Trader's full range of products on Botanical Trader and follow them on Instagram @botanicaltrader for more info. They've also shared an exclusive discount code with the RY community: Use the code SAV25 for 25% off online and free shipping on all orders over $40.