For most of us, our understanding of magnesium is limited to leg cramps and chocolate cravings but there are plenty of reasons why the mineral is so important for our health.
Magnesium deficiency (or hypomagnesemia for the science lovers out there) can cause muscle aches and spasms, poor digestion, anxiety and trouble sleeping.
With magnesium readily available through vegetables, some fruits and other whole foods, as well as in supplements there really is no reason that we need to be putting up with these niggly symptoms!
But just in case you’re still not convinced, we thought we’d share these 5 benefits of magnesium with you.
1. Calming for your nerves and anxiety: Magnesium is vital for the production of serotonin in the body, the ‘happy hormone’ that enables us to smile, crack a joke, laugh and mean it. Without magnesium these pathways and other hormones that calm the brain and promote relaxation go into trouble.
2. Helps relieve muscle aches and spasms: Our bodies are usually pretty good at telling us we’re low in magnesium by using those “wonderful” painful muscle spasms to get its message across. These spasms are a direct result of low magnesium levels and can only be fixed by taking magnesium.
3. Improves nasty migraines: Studies show that when sufferers of migraines supplement with magnesium, their symptoms improve. This is because magnesium is involved in neurotransmitter function and blood circulation, meaning it can help control migraine headache pain by releasing much needed pain-reducing hormones.
4. It’s super yummy: You may not realise this but you can reach your daily magnesium intake through your diet. Eating magnesium rich foods like spinach, black beans, almonds, cashews, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, avocados, bananas (just to name a few) can boost your levels!
5. It Couldn’t Be Easier: During the colder weather you won’t even need to find an excuse to whip out your Skintox detox bath salts. Made with epsom salts, or magnesium sulphate, you can soak your tension away as the salts gently draw out impurities to reveal softer healthier looking skin. This perfect potion will leave you feeling blissfully relaxed and rejuvenated after a long day while also soothing tired muscles.
You can learn more about the relaxation benefits of Skintox here: https://www.skintox.co/collections/bath-salts/products/detox-bath-salts
Have you said hello to our Discovery Box? This brand new, limited release, joy-evoking box dropped a couple weeks ago and now it's time to share all the goodies found inside and a few cheeky discounts with you!
Having a dinner party? Really want to impress your guests?
These stuffed pot pumpkins are the recipe for you! Not only do they look AMAZING, they're super delicious AND healthy!