For most of us, our understanding of magnesium is limited to leg cramps and chocolate cravings but there are plenty of reasons why the mineral is so important for our health.
Magnesium deficiency (or hypomagnesemia for the science lovers out there) can cause muscle aches and spasms, poor digestion, anxiety and trouble sleeping.
With magnesium readily available through vegetables, some fruits and other whole foods, as well as in supplements there really is no reason that we need to be putting up with these niggly symptoms!
But just in case you’re still not convinced, we thought we’d share these 5 benefits of magnesium with you.
1. Calming for your nerves and anxiety: Magnesium is vital for the production of serotonin in the body, the ‘happy hormone’ that enables us to smile, crack a joke, laugh and mean it. Without magnesium these pathways and other hormones that calm the brain and promote relaxation go into trouble.
2. Helps relieve muscle aches and spasms: Our bodies are usually pretty good at telling us we’re low in magnesium by using those “wonderful” painful muscle spasms to get its message across. These spasms are a direct result of low magnesium levels and can only be fixed by taking magnesium.
3. Improves nasty migraines: Studies show that when sufferers of migraines supplement with magnesium, their symptoms improve. This is because magnesium is involved in neurotransmitter function and blood circulation, meaning it can help control migraine headache pain by releasing much needed pain-reducing hormones.
4. It’s super yummy: You may not realise this but you can reach your daily magnesium intake through your diet. Eating magnesium rich foods like spinach, black beans, almonds, cashews, potatoes, pumpkin seeds, avocados, bananas (just to name a few) can boost your levels!
5. It Couldn’t Be Easier: During the colder weather you won’t even need to find an excuse to whip out your Skintox detox bath salts. Made with epsom salts, or magnesium sulphate, you can soak your tension away as the salts gently draw out impurities to reveal softer healthier looking skin. This perfect potion will leave you feeling blissfully relaxed and rejuvenated after a long day while also soothing tired muscles.
You can learn more about the relaxation benefits of Skintox here: https://www.skintox.co/collections/bath-salts/products/detox-bath-salts
We hope you enjoyed your January Mystery Box! It is always such a fun time for us when we get to pack these boxes and this time round we managed to create over 11 different combinations of products!
Some of the amazing brands that featured in our boxes have been kind enough to offer you exclusive RY only discount codes to their products. So if you missed out on a product or found a new one you absolutely love, you can get saving with these discount codes.
Don't you just love how your skin feels after you've just exfoliated? There are so many benefits to adding a weekly exfoliation into your skin care routine.
It can help to unclog your pores, even out your skin tone, prevent acne and boost circulation all the while leaving you with super soft skin and a natural glow!
This is exactly why we have been loving using the Botany Essentials Silk and Smooth exfoliant which features in our Summer Box...
Aussies are some of the highest snacker’s in the world. A recent studyfound Australian children snack more frequently and on higher calorie options than those in China, Mexico and the USA.
We have been snacking like this for a while now with 96% of Aussie adults saying they regularly consume snack foods.
Read on to learn how you can improve your snacking attitude...